There are some skills and attributes that make a good
call center representative.
Here are the general requirements for this job;
The following is a summary of main duties for some
occupations in this unit group:
* Direct distributors, contact potential customers by
phone or through personal contacts, demonstrate and
sell products directly to individual customers or at
sales parties and deliver purchased goods to
* Door-to-door salespersons solicit sales and sell
merchandise to residents of private homes.
* Street vendors set up and display merchandise on
sidewalks or at public events to sell to the public.
* Telephone solicitors and telemarketers contact
businesses or private individuals, by telephone, to
solicit sales for goods or services or conduct market
* Demonstrators arrange sales demonstration
appointments, and show, describe and sell goods or
services at wholesale, retail and industrial
establishments, and at exhibitions, trade shows and
private homes. Employment requirements
* Some secondary school education is usually required.
High school graduation may be required by some
* Self-employed street vendors and door-to-door
salespersons may require a municipal merchant's
permit. Additional information
* Progression to related supervisory positions is
possible with additional training or experience.
Where applicable, call centers set up training and
resources to gain and keep the skills of their works
up to date and competitive.